For various aspiring home-owners, getting a Home Loan is crucial to meet the expense of buying their dream home. However, as Home Loans include enormous funds, a Home Loan application gets accepted only after rigorous inspection to ensure on-time loan repayment without any debts.
Hence, when you apply for a Home Loan, ensure that you submit all the valid documents as submitting wrong documents can lead to your application getting rejected, and your goal of owning a home will still be a dream. Apart from this, a denied Home Loan application can harm your Credit Score and you might face difficulty in seeking a loan in future.
This is why it is imperative to know which documents are required for a Home Loan application to ensure that your loan gets approved instantly.
What are the documents needed for a Home Loan?
To secure a Home Loan, an individual must submit certain documents of proof that are considered mandatory. Mentioned hereunder is a standard list of documents you need to submit to get your Home Loan application approved:
- Passport size photograph
- Proof of Identity (PAN Card/ Passport/ Aadhar Card/ Driving License/ Voters ID Card)
- Proof of Residence (Ration Card/ Electricity Bill/ Telephone Bill/ Passbook or Bank Statement with address/ Employment Letter)
- Age proof (Passport/ PAN Card/ Birth Certificate/ Bank Passbook/ Driving License/ 10th Marksheet)
Proof of Income
Banks or financial institutions carefully examine the loan applicant's income and finance history to assess their loan eligibility and repayment capacity. This is why banks call for authentic records that document they earn a stable monthly income.
Loan applicants must furnish the following documents to prove they earn a regular monthly income:
- Latest Salary Slips of preceding three months
- Bank Account Statement of past six months
- Form 16 (Part A & Part B) and filed Income Tax Returns (ITR) of the past two years
- Employee Identity Card
- Appointment Letter/ Employer Certificate/ Increment Letter (as relevant)
Banks and financial institutions inspect the applicant's property before accepting a Home Loan application. In case of a repayment default, the banks can auction the applicant's property to recover the bad debts.
The property documents that applicants need to submit while making a Home Loan application are as follows:
- Commencement Certificate
- Registered agreement for sale
- Approved building plan copy
- Payment receipts to the builder
- Registration receipt
- Sanction Letter
- Chain contract from the previous owner
- Occupancy Certificate
- Society maintenance bill copy
- Society Share Certificate
- Society Registration Certificate
- Possession Letter / Allotment Letter
- Copy of electricity bill
- NOC (No Objection Certificate) from society
- Property Insurance copy
Buying a home implies economic stability along with various sentimental values. If you are looking for an affordable Housing Loan, an HDFC Home Loan can be your perfect partner.